Strong and healthy bones are very important for a happy and peaceful life. The foods we consume until adulthood and our lifestyle are the most important factors that affect our old age. That's why we must be careful about what we eat and how we live. Unhealthy bones are the main cause of diseases such as bone fractures, osteoporosis, dental health problems and arthritis. Things we need to pay attention to for healthy bones are as follows:
- Foods rich in calcium: Foods such as milk and dairy products, nuts (almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, etc.), avocados, apples and coconut are rich in calcium.
- Foods rich in magnesium: Oats, pumpkin, lentils, peas, lettuce and peaches.
- Foods rich in protein and omega-3: Legumes, avocados, meat, fish and eggs.
- In addition, we should not consume too much animal food, avoid excessive alcohol consumption, stay away from too salty and fried products, and limit caffeine consumption.
- Another important issue for bone health is regular exercise.